Personal hygiene is integral to the quality of life that a person experiences during his lifetime. Good personal hygiene is not just about keeping a good appearance but also about taking measures to live a healthy life. It involves a number of daily, weekly and monthly hygienic activities that a person should perform in order to stay in good shape and health. Cleanliness and general health are also integral to the mental health of a person. Taking measures to maintain personal hygiene protects the individual from diseases and improves the stature in society. Below we will discuss some necessary activities that should be undertaken to maintain good hygiene as a routine.
Maintaining Dental Hygiene
It is an integral part of daily hygiene and should be performed first thing in the morning and last thing before sleeping. Some of the things that are advisable to maintain good dental hygiene are as follows:
- The first thing that should be performed every day is brushing of teeth. The mouth is one of those places where germs grow quickly. Therefore, cleaning teeth every day keeps the individuals safe for the rest of the day.
- It is advisable to floss the teeth once in a day. This will clean those parts of the teeth that a brush cannot clean. It will protect the teeth from germs more effectively.
Maintaining Body Hygiene
Maintaining good body hygiene is also necessary in order to live a healthy life. It involves deep cleaning of different body parts in order to clean dirt and germs. Some of the steps involved in maintaining the body personal hygiene are as follows:
- The most important step is washing your face and hands routinely. Face and hands are those parts of the body that come in contact with the external environment. Keeping these body arts clean also keeps the individual fresh and rejuvenated.
- Regular taking of shower is necessary in order to remove dirt and germs. This will also control the smell that may emanate from the body due to perspiration. All parts of the body including feet should be thoroughly cleaned in order to ensure good personal hygiene.
- Unnecessary hairs growing under armpits or around private parts should be regularly removed.
- It is advisable to trim nails of hands and feet regularly since they can be a source of spreading germs to mouth along with food.